Borough of Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Call us: 717-637-3877
The Borough of Hanover Conducts Health Inspections on all it's restaurants and retail food stores on a regular basis. Our Health Officer works in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Department of Health to assure strict compliance with all regulations.
Health License Fees
- New Licenses - Under 50 seats & owner operated $103.00 - 50 seats & over and /or non-owner operated $241.00
- Annual License Renewal or Change of Ownership $ 82.00
- Mobile Vendors under 3 days (subject to inspection) $ 0.00
- Temporary Vendors License 3-14 days $ 14.00
- Mobile Vendors more than 14 days/year $ 82.00
- Courtesy Inspection (owner's request) $150.00
Residential property inspections are conducted on an as-needed basis:
Secion 230-2 of the Hanover Borough Code states: "The Health Officer is hereby authorized and directed
to make inspections to determine the condition of dwellings, dwelling units, rooming units and premises located within the Borough of Hanover, in order that he may perform his duty of safeguarding the health and safety of the occupants of dwellings and of the general public. For the purpose of making such inspections, the Health Officer is hereby authorized to enter, examine and survey, between the hours of 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, any day except Sunday, all dwellings, dwelling units, rooming units and premises."
**To report a complaint, please call 637-3877 and ask for our Health Officer.
Hanover Borough Health Officer